Call for Proposals – Closed
OA STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Officers of Administration Council (OAC) connects University of Oregon employees through living and learning, and thus has incredible capacity to create community. The OAC is committed to bringing Officers of Administration and UO units together and building professional community – at the Annual OA Strategic Leadership Conference and throughout the year.
The Officers of Administration Council and Human Resources are offering an opportunity for Officers of Administration to develop professionally, to identify solutions for issues affecting higher education, and to share their expertise with their colleagues.
This year the OA council will be hosting a day-long conference with multiple breakout sessions on different topics.
We encourage OAs to participate not only by attending, but also by presenting on topics of interest and areas of expertise.
SUGGESTED THEMATIC AREAS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Research and Practice: Embracing Connections
- The Power of Opportunity
- Meeting the Challenge of a Changing Future
- A Legacy of Leadership
- Translating Quality into Practice
- Embrace the Present, Define the Future
- Creating Supportive and Respectful Working Environments
- Self-assessment and Advocacy
- The Impact of Cultural Competency or Lack thereof on Performance Outcomes
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Work Place
- The A-Game: Building High Performing Teams
- Understanding Disability: Support and Empower
- Stewardship and Accountability
- Effective Change Management
All submissions must be submitted to email@example.com by February 13, 2017 – Call for proposals is now closed
Include the following:
- Presenter name(s), title(s) and Department(s)
- Presenter(s) contact information
- One paragraph biography for each presenter
- One page synopsis (500 words or less) outlining the problem, solution, lesson(s) learned, and a statement of how this information will benefit your colleagues*
- A maximum of two page outline of the content of your presentation including learning objectives
- Please indicate the length of your presentation (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes), room or space configuration, and target audience
Each proposal will be reviewed by the OAC Professional Development Committee and ranked on the following criteria:
- Originality of concept and approach
- Relevance of the issue/problem
- Clarity of expression
- Organization of the presentation
- Completeness of the submission
The OAC Professional Development Committee will review submissions and e-mail authors of accepted proposals by February 28, 2017.
CONFERENCE DATE: Tuesday April 25th 2017
If you have any questions please contact the conference organizers: