Call for Proposals – OPEN
OA STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Officers of Administration Council and Human Resources are offering an opportunity for Officers of Administration to enhance their leadership and management skills, to identify solutions for issues impacting higher education, and to share their expertise with their colleagues.
On April 24th, the OA Council will host our annual day-long conference. In response to your feedback in the Workplace Climate Survey, sessions will be geared towards managing change with a focus on:
- Effective communication strategies across diverse interests
- Tools for managing change
- Data teaming, project management, and strategic planning
- Access to resources to support leadership
- Creating your professional advisory network
We encourage OAs to participate not only by attending, but also by presenting on topics of interest and areas of expertise.
Please click here to submit your proposed presentation or workshop. All presentations/ workshops must be led by OAs and should be 60 minutes in length.
During submission, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Presentation/ Workshop Title
- Abstract/synopsis (500 words or less) outlining the rationale for, and main purpose of, your proposal/ workshop.
- Please also include a statement of how this information will benefit your colleagues.
- Learning objectives
- Presenter name(s), title(s) and Department(s)Presenter(s) contact information
- One paragraph biography for each presenter
Each proposal will be reviewed by the OAC Professional Development Committee and ranked on the following criteria
- Originality of concept and approach
- Relevance of the issue/problem
- Clarity of expression
- Organization of the presentation
- Completeness of the submission
All proposals must be submitted via this Qualtrics form by March 7, 2018. The OAC Professional Development Committee will review submissions and e-mail authors of accepted proposals by March 9, 2018.
CONFERENCE DATE: April 24th, 2018
If you have any questions please contact the conference organizers:
Leslie Wolgamott: Chair OA Council
Jill Elizabeth: Professional Development Liaison